museum school Guidelines + Policies
Please read all policies carefully before registering for a class.
How to Register
- To ensure enrollment, please register as soon as possible. Class space is limited.
- Please register online to receive an automated email confirmation. Arrive for your class at the date and time listed in the Class Schedule. You will be notified of any changes.
- AAC = Arkansas Arts Center
- All classes and workshops have a designated registration deadline. On the registration deadline, if minimum enrollment is not reached, the class will be cancelled. If a class has made, and there are still vacancies in the class, a student may still register after the deadline. No special pricing for late registrations.
fees & discounts
- Tuition amounts are noted in the Class Schedule.
- AAC members receive 20% off tuition for one year from the date of their membership. The member discount applies to all classes and workshops for which a member registers unless otherwise noted.
- Full payment of tuition is required at the time of registration. Tuition is not pro-rated. Payment plans are available. Call the Museum School Office at 501.396.0353 for more information.
- Scholarships (adult and child) are available on a limited basis, based on either financial need or artistic merit. Contact the Museum School Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for Scholarship Application Forms.
paying by credit card
- Pending charges will appear on your credit card statement as a payment to BB *Non-Profit Charity (pending) CA*.
- Approved charges will appear on your credit card statement as a payment to BB *Arkansas Arts Center CA*.
- BB = Blackbaud (our registration and payment system provider)
- CA = California (the state where Blackbaud processes charges)
cancellations, transfers, withdrawals & refunds
- The AAC or Museum School reserves the right to cancel, combine, or reschedule classes to adjust for enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. If a class is cancelled, all registered students will be notified as soon as possible and will receive a full refund.
- As of July 1, 2016, a $10 fee will be charged to any student who withdraws from a class, regardless of reason. Failure to attend class will not be regarded as an official notice of withdrawal.
- If a student transfers to a class with a higher tuition amount, he/she will be charged the difference.
- Parking: Students can park in the Lower Lobby lot and enter the building through the Lower Lobby entrance (by Children’s Theatre). Parking is FREE!
- Supplies: Students in adult classes are responsible for providing their own supplies. Please do not purchase new supplies prior to your first class, unless instructed to do so by the instructor. Most instructors will provide a complete Supply List during the first class. Class descriptions indicate when materials are provided. Most materials for children’s classes are furnished by the AAC.
- Children taking adult classes: If you are under the age of 18, you may not register for adult classes unless the class description specifies that the class is designed for an "adult (usually a parent/guardian) and child."
- Only registered students may attend classes.
- Security personnel are on-site to provide support for AAC programs and events. Evening security is also provided in parking areas when regularly-scheduled classes.
- Gift certificates for classes and workshops are available at the Museum School Office. Certificates are valid for one year from date of purchase.
- Questions? Please call the Museum School Office at 501.396.0353.
inclement weather policy
- If the Little Rock School District announces they are closed or opening late due to bad weather, the AAC will be closed or opening late Mondays - Fridays. When the AAC is closed, classes will not be held, and all studios are closed. To learn if adult classes (evening) and Saturday/Sunday classes (for children and adults) are being held, call 501.372.4000 after 7:00 a.m. for more information.
holidays, make-up classes & open studio times
- Although the museum facilities are closed on Mondays, the Museum School is open. If classes are cancelled due to a holiday or for some other reason, instructors will notify their students.
- If classes are cancelled due to the AAC or the Museum School, a make-up class will be provided. The Museum School reserves the right to schedule make-up days at dates and times conducive to the overall Museum School schedule and are usually based on teacher availability, studio availability, and program scheduling.
- Museum School studios are reserved daily for classes and workshops from 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. If available, Open Studio time varies by department and is only available during times when classes are not in session. Open Studio is only available to currently registered students.
- Several times a year, the studios are closed to everyone. This is generally due to maintenance and other AAC business and usually occurs during session breaks.
- Use of the studios for commercial production is prohibited.
continuing education for educators - professional development
- The Arkansas Arts Center Education Department, including the Museum School, is a registered provider of professional development credits with the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE). If you are an educator seeking professional development credits for a Museum School class or workshop, please notify your instructor. At the conclusion of the class, you will also need to notify the Museum School Office so that a certificate verifying the number of contact hours can be completed. Completed certificates are mailed to the home address on file in the Museum School Office.
- In order to qualify for credit, the class must be taken for professional - not personal - development. The awarding of the professional development credit - based on attendance and completion of the ADE approved training - is solely at the discretion of the local school district.
aac membership & contributions
- If you wish to join others in fostering the creative spirit, become a member today! Visit the membership page for more information. If you would like to contribute to the Museum School or the AAC in other ways, please contact the Director of Development, Kelly (Ford) Fleming, at 501.396.0345 or email@example.com.
photography / video permission
- By registering for a class, I grant permission to the Arkansas Arts Center to take and use: photographs and/or digital images of me and/or my child for use in news releases and/or printed or electronic materials/communications. I further agree that my and/or my child’s name and identity may be revealed in descriptive text or commentary in connection with the image(s). I authorize the use of these images without compensation to me. All negatives, prints, and/or digital reproductions shall be the property of the Arkansas Arts Center. If you prefer not to be photographed/filmed, please notify the photographer/videographer at the time. If you prefer that your child not be photographed, please advise us at the time you register.
requesting an accommodation
- The Museum School will make every effort to provide appropriate program access to people with known disabilities to the extent possible without creating an undue hardship on the School. People with disabilities are responsible for requesting appropriate accommodations and helping the School assess how best to assist them prior to their registration. If you wish to declare a disability or need to request an accommodation for yourself or your child, please call the Museum School Office at 501.396.0353 before you register.
- The Museum School is a community art school. Enrollment is open to any adult or child with an interest in the arts. All Museum School students have the right to a positive learning environment that fosters creativity.
- The Museum School reserves the right to refuse enrollment to participants with a history of unacceptable behavior.